Silver Linings


It's been...what? One year, four months, 7 days, and 6hrs since he and I broke up. And here I am with a slight progress of learning the art of let go, move on.

Meh. :/ First love never dies, they say. I have heard my friends say, "Ok lang yan. First mo kasi. Mahirap nga yan!" Yeah, it's freakin' hard to not think of him, not talk about him, not dream of him, not reminisce every single sweet moment that we've shared, not stalk his Facebook profile (kahit 'di kami friends), not look whenever I hear his name. I get so scared sometimes that I'd be stuck and not be able to move on. I don't want to be like Chuck Bartowski who dealt with his heartbroken feeling for FIVE YEARS! Not that I do not do anything to move on, you see, I have done everything I could, JUST TO MAKE A PROGRESS--even a little.

A few days back, I was inspired to blog again! (maybe, out of boredom...NOT!) And lookie what I found:


And I while ago, I was planning to make an evolution collage of myself and I found our HS picture (the first picture) during the festival for the saints, when butterflies in my stomach are flying freely, happily and in love-ly (pinilit?). Anyhow, the good thing is...tanananananannanananantanan! I got tired of stalking his and his new girlfriend's profiles. May nagagawa rin palang maganda ang katamaran! And, sobrang paulit-ulit na kacheesy-han I can't take it any longer. I mean, seriously, is there anything new you can think of? It's none of my effin business, I know...pero IBA NAMAN! It's for their own FB-status' sake, if you know what I mean. :/ I wish they'd make it private (as in todong private) so that i'd no longer get some access. You know, to make my life a little easier. He already made it easier not talking to me--like i have some kind of invisible cape around me. Well, not really since umasa pa ako. Blame it to the quote: "If it's not okay, it's not over." E applicable lang ata yun sa In-A-Relationship Status. Blah.

Anyways, ever since we broke up I told myself I'll make myself GREAT. Ugghh, not really. Di ko talaga sinabi yun. hehe. I let the flow carry me wherever. So I started training Judo and writing article for the Commerce Journal--busying myself with so much stuffs. I regained my pamilee's trust and love back. I met different, gorgeous guys, made friends with some of them (i meant flirt, eh flirt ako eh. chos). I became close with my blockmates, IAM in particular. I saw Ramon Bautista in person--ang aking super idol! I made my family proud of me and by that I gained confidence.  I lost someone precious but gained MORE THAN what I lost. I am grateful to the Lord.

I thought I was strong enough, until...


I saw this. I broke down. :( It torn my heart into a million pieces.  <3 It brought back the tears from the past. T_T I promised myself that i wouldn't have any boyfriend cos I'm waiting for him, but not this time. I am thankful to Mark Zuckerberg (kaya gagawan ko ng justice ang review ko sayo), I found, yet, another silver lining--stop waiting, start walking--thank you FACEBOOK! It's time to get going, head straight to my destination.

I am too thankful to the Lord for giving me such blessings--my pamilee, my family, Ate Ericka, Iam friends, and people who sympathized. Not only to them, but to this experience. 

I am taking back my first statement, maybe this is part of the art of let go, move on. I have progressed not little, but big enough that I am still here, and I am HAPPY. Besides, I already played PvZ--and I hella finished it!



Tragedies would always come, but you know what? You just have to be patient finding the silver lining. Just like Chuck, five years is not so long if the woman for you is Sarah Walker. :)

3 comments:

  1. zomreyes said...:

    You made a spectacular ending for this blog! I hope you could also write a good ending of your heartaches. Be ready to make a new chapter, Janina!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I LOVE YOU JA!!! :)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    You WILL SHALL move on, dahil ikaw ay si Maganda at Sexy at Hot na Hot na si Janina na pinsan ni Maganda at Sexy at Hot na Hot na si Bebe. Hahaha! :)) Dahil ako rin ay produkto ng break-up with first love, pero in fairness, nung nagmoveon ako, shet. I found TRUE LOVE. ♥ (KINILABUTAN AKO AS I TYPED THOSE WORDS!) Hahaha! Ayun, i love your blog Janina!!! Imma read your posts as often as I can! :) You take care!!! :D Ang ganda ganda ganda mo para malungkot sa isang pirasong lalake lamang. HAHAHA :))

    HUG! :)

    Judy!

Post a Comment