Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Who said video games are over? 
4.5/5

If I were asked to make a review, Id probably choose this movie! It's another film based on a graphic novel series Scott Pligrim by Bryan Lee O'Mailley (ngayon ko lang nalaman!). 

You guys might have seen Michael Cera on many other movies as nerd/gay (in Juno) teenager who is a loser to love. In this movie, he is different--a shaggy haired bassist of their band Sex Bomb Omb. The only thing not changed is his HOTNESS. hihi.

The movie opens with a video game theme song. It's kinda turn off at first (especially to those who don't have any idea about this, like me) but like what I always advice: Don't judge anything until you finish it. The plot of the movie is realized only when you get to the middle of the movie. Initially, I thought this would be two hours of nonsense...like 'what have i gotten myself into?' As mentioned earlier, the film is based on a graphic novel and the good thing about it is it was a comic-ish movie. Plus, the video game theme is a hit--like how it was when it was first released. I love it!

As much as I don't want to spoil you, I will tell you the movie's plot (para sa inyo rin 'to!). Scott (Michael Cera) will fight the League of Seven Exes for Ramona Flower's (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) love. Awwww. Look at how romantic the plot is (though, it wasn't boldly illustrated in the movie). Kudos to the writers!


This is Ramona Flowers. Scott's dream girl. I love her style. Colored hair. In the movie, she dyed her hair three times! Pink. Blue. Green. It's cool that it doesn't look bad after all--like jeje bad. Ramona's a bad guy magnet. hihi. She dated 7 EVIL guys (me isang tomboy na naligaw, considered guy pa rin). :/  I love Lucas Lee and Todd Ingram out of her 7 exes!




    Lucas Lee                                                                          Todd Ingram


Todd Ingram played Daniel Shaw in Chuck, just so you know. hehe.


That is Knives Chau over there. She is Scott's 17-year-old girlfriend when the movie opened. I love her character! That's why, without the exemption of Cera's hotness, I hated Scott for two-timing her! That's a scene where Scott breaks up with Knives for Ramona. Meh. Kawawang bata :/ BUT...she didn't stop wanting Scott--she's a Scottaholic. hehe. Her ways of getting Scoot back is funny because it's what teenagers do..silly. She dated Young Neil (one of Scott's friend), colored her hair blue (like Ramona's). If you'd think Ramona's one stupid teenager you are WRONG. She fought with Scott in the midst of his battle against the exes. She's one hella fighter!!! And her greatest line would be: "Go for her Scott, you'd been fighting for her all along." Awwwwww. ASIAN LOVE! I wish I'd be like her.

Here's a link to the trailer! Enjoy!

P.S.

If you want a good laugh and a kilig: watch this!

1 comments:

  1. zomreyes said...:

    aww, It's Brandon Routh who played Daniel Shaw and Todd Ingram. :D

Post a Comment