A Day After Christmas

While I was busy surfing the net, I smelled something burning...something that irritated my nose...something that bothered me. 

*****

Today, I, together with my extended family, reminisce the reflective day of December 26. 

tuudduuuh! our store/house looked after the fire. We were forced to close for two days to get things fixed inside
Right: Wet sacks of rice (near disposal). Left: The blown ceiling fan that caused the fire.
Dust-filled store
The ceiling/floor of our house's second level--almost there!!!
Damaged Goods
The experience was really scary. I was already thinking of what's gonna happen next. What if the firemen wasn't able to stop the fire? What if the fire spread all over the house? Whats gonna happen to us? Whats gonna happen to me? Where do we live? Can I still graduate? Whats the future awaiting for me? Why God, why? 


And then, I asked myself, Why did I asked the last question? In times of WHATS-GONNA, you are trapped in your own self-conceit. Conscious or not--you don't have any escape. I'm ashamed of myself to ask such question--i wanna slap my face or split myself into two. God has His reasons..and you are not in any position to question Him. In great distress, if you cannot physically help, find somewhere quiet, sit down, and pray for the capable people to find the strength they need to solve the problem, for everything to end up fine, for you to have the power to comfort those who are about to give up.

Despite the doubts and unfaithfulness, God remained with us. Our house stands strong, our store is in good shape and is blessed prosperously, I am still in College and will graduate in a year and a half, there's a bright future awaiting for me--I know this, because I know God loves me. God remains true and faithful in the face of my infidelity and vulnerability.

 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."  I Corinthians 10: 13

1 comments:

Post a Comment