MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Hey! Look! The baby me wants to wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

If you're going to ask me why I used my baby self. The answer is WALA LANG. CUTE KO EH! CHOS. Kidding aside, I wanna reminisce My Christmas Days from the past--visiting Ninongs and Ninangs around Bulacan, staying in Paltao with the Fajardos, and going home to the Mercados. There were so many toys and games, and foood--twas a whole wrap of joy and fun! It was indeed a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

The only sucky things (THAT) time were my itchy dress, my suplada attitude, and my aginaldos going all to Nanay. She'd excuse, "Bata ka pa. Ang mga bata bawal maghawak ng pera. At magkano yang damit mo? Sakto lang sa napamaskuhan mo." And I thought to myself, did I ever ask you to buy me this itchy dress, if I know you did this on purpose--pinagkakitaan mo ako, Nanay! I actually did all the work for her. Smiling, and "blessing" to every oldies is hard work. Plus, being cute is another thing! Tapos, wala man lang akong talent fee?! So yeah, every Christmas, I ended up going to bed with a long face and tears in the eyes. BUT, at least there was a real celebration that's happened. :D

When I got older, things changed. There were no more going visiting Ninongs and Ninangs around Bulacan. Though we still go to Paltao, it wasn't as fun as when we were younger--I do not know if puberty has something to do about it. And when we go home, the only lights on are the ones usually lighted on normal days. And instead of playing Bingo with the rest of the gang, we head straight to bed and if we are in the mood the four of us talk of what's happening in our lives. Updating, you know.


This year, I am hoping for a better celebration of the birth of Christ. We, Fajardos, are going to heat up Paltao with our hot red attire (srsly, I'd rather spend Christmas day in Taal).

Having no good food and gifts/aginaldos are not going to stop me from having fun! Mahirap na ang buhay, naiintindihan ko. But they are not the essence of a true celebration of Christmas--it's about being one with your family in welcoming the Son of God in your lives. Lezz enjoy the season and HAVE FUN!:)  

1 comments:

  1. zomreyes said...:

    Siopao, nice photo (present Janina)!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

Post a Comment