Talk about Maturity

"Even if a person hurt us once, it doesnt mean we have to delete them permanently in our phonebook. People change, they grow up."
-Ashley Marin

Growth is one of our constant needs in life. I didnt say WANT... I said it is a NEED. It is necessary so we could have a harmonious relationship with other people. If we're having problems dealing with other people, maybe because we treat growth as a want, that we don't ever bother wanting.

Mistakes are part of growing up--it make us learn our lesson we thought we already knew. Like right now:

I thought Nanay was just too paranoid when she tells me not to eat too much sweets and too much cold bevs because if I did I'd get my allergies all boost up again, and by allergies she meant runny nose and sore throat.

Well, since I thought i am all grown up and mature and I can handle my own shit...



NEWSFLASH, sister: Your're so immature, you don't even know how to listen. And if you just knew how to do that, you must have been in the store helping your paranoid Nanay with her work.

I've been bedridden for almost two days. All i do is eat (not even happy tummy food :(), watch, read, and write. I could almost say THIS IS THE LIFE, if not only for the baradong ilong, and makating lalamunan and the konsensya (if you know what i mean).

Sometimes, we thought we are mature enough to keep up and do things on our own. We think that we dont need others to tell or do things for us cos we think we are 100% geared up to be on our own. Uh-oh! Big No-No. We will never bee 100% ready for everything. We people are constant learners. Even my Nanay's not yet halfway to maturity, even my tatay, even your lolo or lola! There's always this new thing that we are not familiar with, that we commit a mistake the first time we tried it. And none of us deserves to be judged by the mistake we did, cos we change...we grow up. And we didn't grow up because we wanted to, it is because we needed to.

So since things needed to change here, I will listen to Nanay and eat this bunch of kiat-kiats and drink my water, and avoid allergy-booster food (goodbye happy-tummy food :().

madame sickness
my new best friends

2 comments:

  1. zomreyes said...:

    You don't look like sick naman! :))

  1. MACY said...:

    agree! we need change and we need to change for the better! =)

    -Macy
    www.maccyy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment