???men

Nowadays, it is funny how male creatures forget to put the word "gentle" before men... Let me correct myself, it is ANNOYING how male creatures forget to put the word "GENTLE" before 'men'.

---

I always ride a bus every time I go to Manila and during Mondays I always had the dilemma of finding a seat because it's the start of the week--many student-dormers, students and employees try to get to school and work all together.

Here's the scenario:
if it's not my Monday, I would have to stand for one and a half hour and make sure to hold on tight to handles if I dont wanna find my face on somebody else's property (if you know what I mean).

If I'm lucky enough, I can find myself a seat where I can declare my butt as the queen...

but wait there's more..
.here's a big IF for me, my friend. IF there's even one guy in the bus who offers his seat for me to declare my butt as the queen of HIS throne.

So yeah...

Last Monday, I had to ride a bus to Manila. I am late so I couldnt wait for the next bus (which has free seats). So I rode the first Cubao bus that passed. There were no free seats and the aisle was almost full of standing ovationers. So I stayed in the back because it's more convenient to stand there than in front or somewhere in the middle. The standing ovationers were composed of many guys and two girls--the lady in the middle and yours truly. The bus was from Nueva Ecija, so some of the passengers got off somewhere in Bulacan. I was surprised to see that when a passenger stands and goes to the door of the bus to get off--the leaving--the male standing ovationers were fighting for leaving's throne, trying to get first on the seat to declare their butts to be the king! UNBELIEVABLE! they didnt even bother to offer the seats to the ONLY TWO girls, who have much skinnier legs and fragile feet than they do! Dont they realize that? Selfish pricks.

Anyways, on my way home. I also have to ride a bus. And this time I'm lucky because i'd definitely have a throne of my own. I was right, there was a seat waiting for me in the last row of the aisle seats. I was so happy and relaxed and then put my iPod shuffle on work mode...AND THEN..A family of three--old mom, college kid, and little girl--rode the bus. Unfortunately all the seats were taken. I thought someone would be kind to offer his/her seat to the old woman. I waited...and waited...and waited. Tanananananananan....I OFFERED MINE.

Lemme count the men at the back part of the bus, where I am seating and the family were standing. There was one beside me, two in front of me and one in front of them and another beside him, and also one in the middle of the back seat. So there were five, and no one even dared to offer. DAMN.

Man, I didnt write this post to brag about what I did, i wrote this because i want to share (or even to make people realize) that it isn't hurtful to be kind and courteous not sometimes but ALL THE TIME (whether youre a man, a woman, or a gay). let us not forget how we value traditions and the rule of politeness. i bet those guys, doesnt even want to see their mothers standing on the aisle of the bus with a bunch of machos with butts reigning the seats. ONE AND HALF HOUR isnt as painful to your muscled legs and sturdy bones as compared to an old woman calloused feet and breaking bones, MAN UP!

Don't let the word GENTLEMAN lose its meaning, or lose the word itself. I wouldnt be surprised if one day, it's forgotten and dead like the Latin Language--never evolving, never used.

0 comments:

Post a Comment